How to Get Mildew Smell Out of Shoes?
In this article, we show you how to get mildew smell out of shoes.
Summary Contents by Video:
Owning shoes isn’t just about having a great design to complete your outfit, but it’s also one of the best ways to stay comfortable as you walk around places wearing a nice pair of padded shoes that won’t have your feet in pain! But just like clothes, shoes have got to be well taken care of and washed every so often to make it last and look like new. After all, you wouldn’t want to be seen walking around with shoes filled with dirt and the like! But there will be times that dirt is inevitable, no matter how much you try to prevent it.
Mildew is one of the shoes’ worst enemies. It hides inside the sole area, making your feet uncomfortable when worn. Mildew is attracted to dark and damp places, the type of places where your shoe falls victim to! It smells, it doesn’t look great, and it won’t feel great on your feet either. So how can you fix the remedy if your shoes have mildew? You don’t need to spend a lot of money and effort throwing it away and getting a new one, because you can clean and remove the mildew on your own!
Why Get Mildew Smell Out of Shoes?
Getting the mildew smell out of shoes is very important, not only because you want your shoes to look good! Mildew creates a distinct smell no one appreciates, and it’s best to get that out for your shoes to look and smell great, avoiding any embarrassing moments if people do manage to smell that mildew! That, and it’s very important do you will be able to learn how to care for your shoes properly, making them last for multiple wears. You want your shoes to look good, as well as last long to avoid replacing it continuously, burning a hole in your wallet!
To get mildew smell out of shoes, you will need a couple of things that can be found in your house or bought cheaply in any local store! Here is what you need, depending on the methods you will be using:
- Water and soap
- Baking soda
- Charcoal Briquettes and socks
- Vinegar or citrus fruits
- Kitty litter
- Tea tree oil and water
- Spray bottle
- Tea bags
How to Get Mildew Smell Out of Shoes
There are actually many methods you will be able to use when removing mildew out of shoes. Depending on what you prefer, you can follow any one of these methods:
- Simply wash your shoes with soap and warm water to remove the mildew and have your feet smell great. Dry it properly and use quality cloth to wipe it up.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your shoes and leave it overnight
- If your shoes are wet, add newspaper for it to absorb moisture and the smell. Wait for it to dry before using them!
- Put charcoal briquettes in old socks, then put them inside your shoes, leaving them overnight.
- Try vinegar or other citrus fruits for the smell to be removed. Use a spray bottle and spray it around the shoes. Do NOT use them on leather, as it destroys the material.
- Put kitty litter on socks and put them in your shoes, leaving them overnight.
- Try tea tree oil, mixing 2 teaspoons of it with 2 cups of water and spraying the formula around the shoes. Leave it in your freezer overnight, then lay them under the sun.
- Dry tea bags would work as well! Place it on your shoes and leave them overnight to remove the smell.
Hopefully these tips on how to get mildew smell out of shoes will have you removing it in no time, making your shoes smell and look great. You’ll now be able to feel comfortable and be assured that your shoes will last for long periods of time as long as you remove the mildew from it and take other methods on how to care for your shoes! Not only will your shoes and feet thank you, but your bank account as well due to the fact that you won’t be spending for new shoes or for your shoes to be professionally cleaned (unless push comes to shove).
So what are you waiting for? Check out these tips on how to get mildew smell out of shoes and have your feet and shoes smelling mildew free. Don’t let the icky substance win. Fight it off with these all natural and affordable methods!
View a summary contents: