How to Clean Cloth Shoes
If you are one who loves to style yourself, then you will definitely have to take note of your shoes! These are also one of the most important parts of keeping you in style and comfort. After all, you will be walking around with them the whole day, so it’s best to choose one that looks good and is comfortable. You’ll be surprised that there are a lot of types of shoes available in the market today. It isn’t just fancy shoes and shoes! You have shoes made out of different types of material and meant for certain situations and purposes. It’s what makes this article of clothing a great one, as you will be able to use any to match your style and outfit! One of the most popular types of shoes would be cloth or canvas shoes. Just like all types of shoes, they require great care! So in this article, we show you how to clean cloth shoes!
Cloth or canvas shoes are usually of all white and made of quality material that has your feet comfortable as you walk around. They’re great for casual wear and can be matched with a lot of outfits! But just like any other shoe, they will need the proper care and maintenance in order for it to stay in its glory. This goes for the cloth shoes that are all-white! Cloth shoes may have special instructions when cleaning them, and there are ways on how you can do that, going beyond the usual washing based on instructions. But of course, they don’t go as far as destroying the shoes itself. It’s very important to learn how to carefully and properly clean your cloth shoes in order for it to not only look great but feel great as well when walking around. You will also want to make sure that they are clean and well-maintained for it to last for years to come!
Cleaning cloth shoes is actually easy. It’s a bit different because of its material, but you will basically be washing it just like any other shoe. But how, exactly? Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean cloth shoes:
– Before anything else, check your shoes. If they have any mud or loose dirt, then leave it to dry and brush them off after. You can use an old toothbrush to scrape off loose dirt.
– Take out the shoelaces, letting them soak in another bowl of detergent and cold water.
– Mix equal parts of baking soda and water into a bowl, making a paste. Using an old toothbrush, brush the soles of your shoes with the paste.
– Mix in detergent and water into another bowl. Using an old toothbrush, was your whole shoe until stains are gone and it’s back looking brand new! Brush your shoelaces with the solution and leave them to dry.
– Just like hand washing, make sure that any mud or loose dirt is out to ensure safe and effective washing. Clean the soles like mentioned above.
– Ready your washing machine by adding detergent and cold water, letting it run a cycle. Make sure you use a gentle detergent, adding only half of what you usually use.
– Once the washing machine is three-quarters filled, add the shoes in and let the washing take its course. Leave them to dry, or use a blow dryer or fan if you need it.
And you will now be able to enjoy your newly-cleaned cloth shoes!
Shoes are a very important part of your outfit and lifestyle. There are different types of shoes you will be able to use, with the cloth or canvas shoes being popular for those who want to wear something casual. And just like any other pair of shoes, cloth shoes will need to be cleaned and maintained. Because of its material, it may need a different form of cleaning.
Hopefully, these tips on how to clean cloth shoes will help you be able to know how to properly care for these types of shoes, keeping it away from germs and bacteria. Not only will it look great, but it will feel great as you walk as well. Plus, good care will entail it to last for years to come! So what are you waiting for? Do you have a pair of cloth shoes you need to have washed? Then follow these tips and make sure they are cleaned to its former glory! You definitely will thank yourself in the long run.
Did you enjoy the article or have any more suggestions on how to clean cloth shoes? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think.
I am Mark M. Roberts, the author of all writings you go through on my website. The mission of my website is helping you find out the best shoes for your feet. Relax and earn yourself valuable knowledge about shoes.