What to Wear When Walking
When it comes to walking, there are different things you must consider other than your pair of walking shoes. The choices you will make when walking are limitless: From where you want to walk, who you want to walk with, as well as the time! You can also choose the intensity of your walking workout. Besides shoes and other various equipment though, you must also be able to choose the proper clothing! With the different types of weather conditions and material, clothes are one of the most important things to consider when it comes to walking not just for style, but for comfort as well.
What to Wear Walking
Similar to working out in the gym, you have to wear appropriate clothing suitable for you. It isn’t just about wardrobe malfunctions or looking good, but it all comes down to comfortability for your body as well. Your body must be able to breathe through the clothes properly, as well as absorb water or sweat, so as to avoid getting sick. It should also be in proper size to avoid it from falling if too loose, or letting it choke you if too tight. No one wants to stop a workout halfway because of their clothes being in the wrong fit!
The material made is also important. While cotton is soft, it may not be able to absorb sweat or water as much, making your body cling to the shirt and you feeling uncomfortable. Not only should it look good, but it should make you feel great as well, which is why wearing the right clothes is important when walking.
Best Clothes for Walking
With the many brands and types of clothes available, you must be well aware as to what you need to avoid overspending or purchasing items that aren’t necessary. Based on reviews, here are some of the best tips when choosing clothes appropriate for walking workouts:
- When going walking during the heat of the sun, it’s best to wear sunscreen and to wear proper clothing to shield yourself. Sunglasses and a hat or visor will work.
- Because the color black is absorbed by heat, wear light colored clothes when walking outdoors.
- While it’s best to dress in a lot of layers and keep yourself warm, it’s best not to overdress. You might end up sweating a lot and having to remove them as you walk, only carrying dead weight and a bunch of clothes with you!
- Your inner material should be made out of something that is able to absorb the moisture and sweat properly to avoid you from getting sick.
- You may need three layers for the cold, depending on the temperature. Dress appropriately with material made of fleece or wool to keep yourself warm enough.
- Wear a jacket that allows your body to breathe, as well as something with a hood, so you won’t need to bring an umbrella in case it rains or starts snowing.
- Keep your face and hands shielded from the cold! Wear a hat and scarf, as well as mittens to warm your hands. Make sure you wear thicker socks as well.
- Make sure that when you are walking around the neighborhood or busy area, you are visible. Especially at night, when it’s hard to look out for cars. Wear bright clothes or neon reflectors that will have you noticeable in the dark. If you like wearing dark clothes, it’s best to bring a glow stick or flashlight to avoid any accidents.
- For women, investing on a good sports bra that supports your chest is important. Make sure that it can support your chest without it being too tight or uncomfortable.
- Again, wear clothes and shoes that are made of breathable fabric and material for comfortability.
Where to Buy Clothes for Walking
There are a number of brands and types of clothes suitable for walking workouts that clotheslines offer. You may be able to find them around the shops in your town, or you may even find a lot being offered online, where you are able to order and have it delivered right in the comforts of your own home. Watch out for sales and discounts, and if ordering online, make sure it comes from a reputable store with lots of feedback.
Now you can look good and feel good with the right clothes for your walking workout! You won’t need to waste hundreds of dollars just to make sure you have the right clothes. All you need are the basics, and you’re good to go.
- How to Choose Shoes for Beginner Walkers
- What is High Arch Feet?